11 Delicious Ways to Swap Carbs for Veggies
Whether you’re trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies into your daily diet or cutting back on carbs, these 11 recipes are great ways to incorporate more color and nutrients into your diet without compromising flavor or fuel.
Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes: Eggs are a breakfast staple, and after one taste of these Stuffed Breakfast Tomatoes, tomatoes will become a breakfast staple of yours, too! Our red tomatoes on the vine work best in this recipe. - Spicy Tuna Cherry Tomato Cups: Tuna salad is always delicious, but when you swap out crackers for cherry tomatoes, you’re upping the nutrition with lycopene and other antioxidants. For a colorful spread, swap in tomatoes in our chef’s tomato collection packs!
- Crispy Parmesan Tomato Chips: Move over chips - there’s a new snack in town! Tomato chips satisfy salty and crunchy cravings in a healthier way than processed snack foods.
Sweet Bell Peppers:
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers: Who needs tortillas with this much flavor packed into a pepper? Stuffed with yummy goodness, these sweet bell peppers are a tasty dinner that sticks to your ribs and checks every nutritional box!
- Sweet Bell Pepper Nachos: The classic nachos get a healthy facelift with Sweet Bell Pepper Nachos! Swap out tortilla chips for our sweet bell peppers for a delicious twist with flavor, crunch and plenty of vitamins! Turn up the heat with a generous sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
- Eggplant Involtini: Ricotta cheese fills these decadent purple eggplant rolls for an extravagant Italian meal without the heaviness of pasta.
- Grilled Vegetable Stacks with Lemon Hummus: Bye-bye bread…hello, vegetable stacks! Loads of hearty veggies like eggplant and mushrooms come together with tangy lemon hummus and savory seasoning for a "sandwich" you won’t forget.
- Paleo Eggplant Fries: Forget greasy French fries for good with Paleo Eggplant Fries! They have all the crisp and satisfaction of their potato cousins, with plenty of fiber and nutrients to boot. Try making this savory snack with our graffiti eggplant.
Check out our Pinterest boards for more fruit and veggie inspiration!