How to Roast (& Use) Bell Peppers
Roasting sweet bell peppers brings out an extra sweetness and makes a flavorful addition to a variety of dishes! Try roasted sweet bell peppers on homemade pizza, pasta dishes or as a topping on fresh baked seafood filet. Here’s how to roast sweet bell peppers as well as some ideas on how to incorporate them into your family’s favorite meals.
- Rinse bell peppers and remove stems and seeds. Cut each bell pepper into quarters.
- Preheat broiler (use high broiler setting, if your oven has options). Place peppers on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Lightly coat peppers with olive oil.
- Broil peppers for 7 — 10 minutes until skins are wrinkled and starting to turn black.
- Using tongs, immediately transfer peppers to a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit for 20 — 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap. Peppers should be soft and skins should be easy to peel. If not, try using a paring knife to pull up the edge of a skin and pull off.