Dealing with your Thanksgiving Leftover Blues. Turkey – 5 Ways
The holidays always have so much food! But what to do with all those left-overs? This common question has been circulating around our offices, so we have come up with five creative recipes to help you and your left-over blues!
- Butternut Squash Chili: This spicy chili is a fall treat with seasonal vegetables, or even pumpkin. It’s sure to give your leftovers a new life. Swap out the green peppers for our red, yellow, and orange Red Sun Farms peppers, or even use some roma tomatoes This is a family favorite that freezes great.
- Turkey and Stuffing Muffins: I don’t know about you, but we love muffins. What is better than a holiday feast all in one bite-size meal? Is it bad that we want to eat these for breakfast? For added flavor add roasted veggies to your stuffing using bell peppers and grape tomatoes Mixed with the sweet dollop of cranberry sauce on top, and these muffins are a sweet and savory little meal packet.
- Did somebody say Quesadillas? Yum! What more can you add to this incredible creation. How about throwing in stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies turkey and cranberry sauce. then stacked them on top of each other and added some gravy. Who else gets excited for turkey day, just for leftovers?
- Sandwiches, Sandwiches, a little traditional, however you still can have some creative options. Load it up with the works from your thanksgiving dinner! Top with lettuce and there you have it, the ultimate turkey sandwich.
- Shepherd’s Pie can look like new again with a change in presentation, and all that it takes is some creative potato work. Get out your cake piping tool and have some fun!
With these five recipes it’s hard to call them leftovers, especially when they taste like this! Warning you may want to repeat turkey day again next month.