What You'll Need
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Cut the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Place the squash, cut side facing down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Remove from the oven. Scrape out the seeds. Let cool.
- While the squash is baking, place a small saucepan on the stove at medium-high heat. Add the butter, onions and garlic. Saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until the onions and translucent. Set aside.
- Put the eggs, milk, cheese and sage together in a bowl. Mix well.
- Scrape the squash out of its shell (should be about 2 cups) and place in the bowl. Mash it with the milk-cheese mixture until smooth.
- Add the broccoli and tomatoes and mix.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Lower the temperature of the oven to 375° Grease a baking dish with butter or coconut oil. Add the squash mixture and cover with a lid. Put in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the gratin is set or no longer wet. Remove from the oven and serve.
You may also be interested in...