What You'll Need
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the chicken and brown on all side. Add the curry powder, turmeric, ginger, and garlic. Stir to mix. Add the coconut milk and continue to cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the stove and add the tomatoes and brown rice. Set aside.
- Cut the top off of the peppers and remove the seeds. Fill each pepper with the filling, pressing down to fit in as much as possible into each pepper. Top with bread crumbs and sprinkle on the paprika.
- Place in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes.
To cook brown rice: Rinse 1/2 cup brown rice and place in a pot with 2 cups water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until the rice reaches the desired texture. If the water evaporates before the desired texture is achieved, then add more water and continue cooking.
You may also be interested in...
Tomato Cheddar Bread with Avocado
Leave no crumbs behind with this Tomato Cheddar Bread with Avocado.
Skill level: Easy
Mushroom Stuffed Sweetpeaks
An amazing combination of flavors, these stuffed Sweetpeaks peppers can be eaten as a side or as a meal itself!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video