Try your hand at this sweet and spicy eggplant dish for a Thanksgiving side this year. It's a tangy, sweet, spicy, warm and aromatic dish that will make your mouth water and fill your house with a delicious fragrance as you prepare the rest of your Thanksgiving meal.
What You'll Need
- Slice the eggplant and salt each piece.
- Meanwhile mix the tamari, vinegar, sugar, ginger, and garlic together in a small bowl.
- Heat a large saucepan on medium to high heat. Add the eggplant slices and brown on each side. Remove from the pan and cut each slice into quarters.
- Return the saucepan to the stove and add the onions, and lightly sauté. Add the peppers and or snow peas. Add the tamari mixture. Lightly sauté the vegetables.
- Add the eggplant back in and continue to sauté until all the vegetables are soft. Remove from the pan and serve.
You may also be interested in...
Tomato Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup makes for a great first course for Christmas meals or a light dinner on Christmas Eve. Double the batch and freeze for an easy, produce-filled soup for busy nights to serve with baked grilled cheese. Thaw frozen Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper Soup in the refrigerator overnight and reheat when you need it.
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy