What You'll Need
- Place a soup pot on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the butter or olive oil and onions. Lightly sauté until slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic, broth, carrots, celery, tomato puree, sugar or honey, thyme, and basil. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Add the chickpeas and cook to heat through. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocado into 1-inch pieces and add to the soup.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sourdough croutons.
You may also be interested in...
Heirloom Tomato Tart
Our heirloom tomatoes are beautiful on their own but in this tart they take tomatoes to a whole new level of culinary beauty. Paired with cheese, olive oil and parsley, this tart looks as good as it tastes!
Skill level: Hard