Who doesn't love brownies with ice cream? With this recipe, you get a chocolatey brownie combined with a healthy, avocado ice cream. Your family will be asking for seconds!
What You'll Need
Avocado Ice Cream
- Scald the milk and cream together.
- Place the avocados, lemon juice, cream mixture, honey or sugar, and vanilla together in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cover. Place in the refrigerator and let it chill completely (4 hours).
- Transfer to an ice cream machine and churn by following the instructions for the machine. Once it has completely churned, transfer to an airtight container and put it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler (a small bowl resting in a small pot with an inch of water).
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
- Add the chocolate. Mix. Add the eggs and vanilla. Mix again.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until smooth. Add the pecans and mix again.
- Scrape mixture into an 8- x 8-inch pan that has been greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool for 5 minutes. Go around the edge of the pan with a flat knife. Turn out the brownies onto a wire rack to let cool. Cut into 12 pieces.
- Place a warmed brownie on a plate. Top with a scoop of avocado ice cream and fresh berries. Serve.
You may also be interested in...
Sweet Bell Pepper Nachos
Take the classic nachos to the next level with Bell Pepper Nachos! Sweet bell peppers stand in for tortilla chips for a delicious, crowd-pleasing twist. Like ‘em hot? Add ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes before baking. Serve with chopped Red Sun Farms tomatoes, guacamole and lowfat sour cream.
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 25 mins
Skill level: Easy
Ginger Eggplant Stirfry
Try your hand at this sweet and spicy eggplant dish for a Thanksgiving side this year. It's a tangy, sweet, spicy, warm and aromatic dish that will make your mouth water and fill your house with a delicious fragrance as you prepare the rest of your Thanksgiving meal.
Skill level: Easy