What You'll Need
1. Remove tofu from packaging and drain. Squeeze out excess liquid by placing it between 2 plates. The weight will help drain the liquid. Let the tofu sit until most liquid has drained.
2. Cut tofu into cubes approx. ¾ inch width.
3. Toss in a bowl with some cornstarch. Evenly coat the tofu.
4. On the stovetop, preheat a pan to medium/high heat and liberally coat the bottom with oil. About a 1/8" inch. Be sure not to add too much to avoid deep frying the tofu.
5. Place tofu into the pan with hot oil and avoid overcrowding the pan.
6. Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side or until the tofu has a golden crust.
7. Once the tofu is cooked, add sauce to the pan and gently toss it to cover the tofu.
8. Remove tofu and add scallions and sesame seeds.
7. Serve with your favorite rice and mango salad.
1. Gently mix ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
You may also be interested in...
Mexican Avocado Pico de Gallo
This avocado pico de gallo is great for all occasions: parties, barbecues or simple snacking with tortilla chips.
Skill level: Easy