What You'll Need
- Preheat grill.
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Place yeast mixture in a stand mixture fitted with a dough hook attachment.
- Mix flours and herbs and salt together until thoroughly combined.
- Start mixer on medium-low speed.
- Add ½ flour mixture to mixer.
- Mix until combined.
- Add other ½ flour mixture, and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in oiled bowl, cover and let double in size.
- Punch down and form 4 ounce rounds.
- Let rounds rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll out with rolling pin to ¼ inch thickness.
- Brush either side lightly with olive oil, and grill evenly on both sides until dough is completely cooked through.
- In a large bowl, mix arugula, parsley, chives, olives, and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice and season with salt and fresh pepper to taste.
- Place water and lemon juice in a shallow sauce pot.
- Bring to 160°F.
- Crack egg into a separate bowl.
- Stir water to create a vortex.
- Stop stirring and gently drop egg into the vortex.
- Cook egg to desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place flatbread on plate.
- Top with arugula and sprinkle with olives and tomatoes.
- Garnish with poached egg.
You may also be interested in...
Cauliflower Rice with Peppers & Tomatoes
A fantastic alternative to rice, bursting with veggie flavor.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video