Grilled steaks with baked potatoes are a classic. Perfect for outdoor and indoor events. Serving it with tomato chutney takes the flavor to another level. Make extra and use the chutney as a condiment for snacks and toast. It stores in the refrigerator for two weeks.
What You'll Need
- Mix the butter, garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Dry the steak with paper towel, brush the rub on each side and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, preheat the grill on high.
- Place the steak on grill and leave the lid open. Grill until the steak does not stick.
- Flip over the steak and turn 45 degrees. Continue to grill until juices appear on the surface.
- Cook to the desired degree for your taste preference.
- Remove from the grill and season with sea salt to taste.
- Serve with Tomato Chutney, baked potato and steamed vegetables or grilled vegetables.
- Sauté the onions in the butter or oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the onions are soft, add the garlic and stir.
- Add in the tomatoes, peppers, celery, maple syrup and vinegar. Bring the mixture to a boil and lower to simmer.
- Add the sea salt and pepper to taste and simmer the mixture for about 15-20 minutes. Add the cilantro and mix.
- Use as a condiment with a meal or eat as a snack with crackers and vegetable sticks. The chutney can be kept in the fridge for five days. It can also be frozen for a longer storage time.
You may also be interested in...
Pineapple Pork Kabobs
Kabobs are a traditional summer staple, try them with pineapple and rosemary roasted vegetables for an explosion of flavors and textures. A true treat.
Prep time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Skill level: Easy
Baja Breakfast Burrito
Burritos are a great way to pack a delicious breakfast in a compact way. The perfect meal for those on the go mornings. This Baja Burrito gives your breakfast some added flare.
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 28 mins
Skill level: Easy