What You'll Need
- Put a large saucepan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and onions. Lightly sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, garlic, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne (if desired) and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes. Stir frequently.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are soft.
- Puree the soup with a hand blender or transfer to a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the soup back on the stove and add the peppers. Bring to a boil again and lower to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and spinach and heat thoroughly. Add the lemon juice and honey. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and add the yogurt.
- Soup can be frozen for future use.
You may also be interested in...