What You'll Need
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- For the filling: place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the butter and onions and lightly sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, and thyme and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and asparagus. Continue to sauté for another 2-3 minutes until the cream reduces by half.
- Add the rice and feta. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- For the topping: mix the Panko breadcrumbs, olive oil and egg together. Season with a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Lay the long peppers onto a baking sheet. Put the mushroom mixture into each pepper half. Pack it in a bit. Sprinkle the Panko mixture on top.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the pepper is soft and the Panko is golden.
You may also be interested in...
Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Stuffed peppers are a flavorful way to enjoy dinner while upping your fresh produce intake. Our sweet bell peppers pair with cheese, ground turkey, quinoa and zucchini for a hearty dish that’s perfect for holidays or family meals. Use any meat in lieu of ground turkey or go vegetarian by upping the quinoa, veggies and cheese.
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr 5 mins
Skill level: Easy