A gluten - free version of a traditional tabbouleh. Very delicious with plenty of parsley , tomatoes, red peppers and lemon juice. Make it up ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator. Take it to work for lunch, serve it at summer outdoor events or with your favorite entre.
What You'll Need
- Cook quinoa and let stand.
- Chop parsley, onion, and mint leaves (if using) into small bits and put in a large bowl. Chop tomatoes and red pepper. Add to the parsley mix along with the cucumber slices.
- To make dressing, add the lemon juice olive oil, honey cumin, salt and pepper and whisk.
- Add the dressing and cooked quinoa to parsley mixture and toss.
- Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator.
To cook quinoa: Rinse the quinoa in a sieve. Place in a pot with two cups of water and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Let cook for 15 minutes until fluffy. Drain off excess water and rinse.
Tip: Serve with your favorite entre. Tabouleh goes well with lamb or chicken.
You may also be interested in...
Grilled Charmoula Marinated Eggplant with Bulger, Golden Raisin Jam & Almond Mousse
Here is another play on flavors and textures that is sure to tantalize the senses. From grilled eggplant to a jam & mousse this dish won’t disappoint.
Skill level: Hard