Red, orange and yellow greenhouse grown bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice bell peppers in half vertically and remove seeds.
- Reserve about half of garbanzo beans; mash remaining portion with a fork.
- Mix rice with kale, garbanzo beans (mashed and whole), nuts, salt and pepper.
- Fill peppers with mix; place in baking dish and cover.
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake 5 more minutes.
You may also be interested in...
Chocolate Avocado Mousse with Hazelnut Crisps and Berries
Creamy, rich dessert with a nutty crisp cookie to contract the smooth mousse (video included)
Prep time: 30
Total time: 45
Skill level: Medium
This recipe has a video