Stuffed avocados make a perfect lunch. Black beans, tomatoes and spices are paired with the creamy texture of the avocado for an amazing combination of flavors. Served warm, it provides a very satisfying meal or it can be paired with your favorite entre.
What You'll Need
- Sauté the onions in olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, kale and cumin. Sauté until tomatoes and kale are soft.
- Add the cayenne (if using) and the black beans and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and add lime juice and cilantro. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the meat, leaving the shells intact. Cut the avocado meat into chunks and add to the tomato mixture. Mix.
- Scoop the mixture back into the avocado shells, mounding the mixture.
- Top with your favourite cheese and place under the broiler to melt the cheese. Serve.
Tip: This make a great lunch or side dish with dinner.
You may also be interested in...
Stuffed Chicken with Cucumber Salad
A unique and colorful way to present chicken and impress your guests!
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 90 mins
Skill level: Medium