What You'll Need
- In a large mixing bowl, mix chopped tomatoes, peppers, minced garlic, salt and pepper, and half of the chopped basil. Once evenly mixed, set aside. (Tip: The mixture can be made immediately or marinated 1 hour prior.)
- Set sliced bread in the oven under a medium-hot broiler on a baking tray or facedown on the bbq. Toast the bread slightly.
- Once the bread is slightly toasted, remove the bread and rub raw peeled garlic onto the toast to cover the entire surface area.
- Scoop marinated tomatoes and peppers evenly amongst toast and bake in oven or bbq at 350° F for 5 minutes or until the mixture is heated through. Careful not to burn toast.
- Optional: lightly grate parmesan cheese onto toast just before serving.
You may also be interested in...