What You'll Need
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Put the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor and process it until it starts to bind together a bit.
- Grease and 8” x 8” square pan with butter or coconut oil. Cut a piece of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the pan.
- Put the crust mixture in the pan. Spread it out evenly and press it down into a solid mass.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
To make the filling
- While the crust is cooking, cut the peaches in half and remove the pits. Cut all the peaches into small one-inch pieces. Put into a medium sized bowl.
- Cut the Sweetpops in half and add them to the bowl.
- Mix the yellow sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and flour together in another bowl. Add to the peaches and tomatoes. Mix by hand with a spoon, fork or spatchula.
To make the crumble
- Put all the ingredients for the crumble in a food processor. Process until the crumble starts to slightly bind together.
- Once the crust is baked, put the filling on top of the crust and sprinkle the crumble on top.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is baked and slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Go around the edge of the square pan with a flat knife. Lift a little to make sure it is not stuck to the bottom of the pan. Place a large plate on the top of the pan and flip it over to have the square fall out of the pan and onto the plate. Remove the pan. Remove the parchment paper if it’s stuck to the square. Place another plate on top and flip the square so that it is right side up.
- Cut into 12 pieces and serve.
- If not serving right away, place in an airtight container.
Tip: You can substitute apples for peaches if peaches are not in season!
You may also be interested in...
Herbed Cucumber Bites
Once you taste Herbed Cucumber Bites, you’ll wonder how you did parties and get-togethers without them! Make double the goat cheese mixture to quickly make a second batch later in the week. Use any of our small tomato varieties based on preference.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Skill level: Easy
Roasted Sweet Bell Pepper & Chorizo Frittata with Queso Fesco
It’s Frittata time! Frittatas are one meal that can be eaten at any time of the day. We love this chorizo with queso fresco and roasted sweet bell peppers for dinner.
Skill level: Hard