What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sauté onions, peppers, and mushrooms in butter for 3 minutes or until soft. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat clean pan on medium-high heat. Add oil and coat liberally around the sides.
- Whisk eggs again to mix thoroughly. Add eggs to the pan.
- Spread sautéed vegetables out evenly on top of eggs.
- Add crumbled crispy bacon, if desired.
- Layer tomatoes to cover.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
Optional: Turn the broiler on for the last 5 minutes to brown the top if desired.
You may also be interested in...
Rainbow Bell Pepper Boats with Garbonzo Beans
Red, orange and yellow greenhouse grown bell peppers stuffed with garbanzo beans, kale, walnuts and brown rice make a delicious Mediterranean-influenced vegetarian dish.
Prep time: 30 mins
Total time: 1 hr
Skill level: Easy