This tomato tart combines the classic flavors of sweet tomatoes and salty cheese for a delicious and beautiful appetizer. It’s perfect for holidays, parties and special occasions. Use any of our greenhouse grown tomato varieties based on preference.
What You'll Need
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice zucchini paper thin on a box grater or mandolin. Sprinkle all vegetables with salt and lay on paper towels to drain for 20 minutes to pull moisture out.
- Fully cook whole wheat pie crust according to package instructions. Do not shorten the cooking time, even though you will put it back in the oven.
- Fill pie crust with ¾ cheese. Lay thin layers of zucchini over cheese. Top with remaining cheese. Arrange onion rings on top of the zucchini layer, then add tomatoes. Top with dried thyme and freshly cracked pepper. Place tart in the center of the oven and bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice into wedges, and serve immediately.
You may also be interested in...
Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney
Pulled Pork Sliders with Tomato Chutney are the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Tender, flavorful pulled pork, fresh tomatoes and a homemade sweet and spicy barbecue sauce combine to make a sandwich that will have guests raving for more.
Prep time: 15 mins
Total time: 8 hrs 15 mins
Skill level: Medium
Roasted Red Pepper Stuffing
A side dish no Thanksgiving dinner is complete without. Bring this autumn-inspired dish to your dinner this year and we'd be surprised if you go home with any leftovers.
Skill level: Easy
This recipe has a video